If you have any questions, please reach out to us at Marketing1@BigMentoring.org
Information We Collect–
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our website, services, features and content, to administer your use of the site, and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the site.
Children’s Information. Big Brothers Big Sisters’ online store is intended for use by adults only. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you learn that your child has provided us with any Personal Information without your consent, please email us at Marketing1@BigMentoring.org
If we learn that we have collected any Personal information through our store from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
How We Collect Information–
We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. For example, if you use our site to make a purchase, we will request certain Personal Information from you to facilitate the transaction and get you the goods you have ordered. This may include contact information such as your name, email address, and shipping address.
How We Use the Information We Gather–
We primarily use the information we collect and store to enhance the site and your experience with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas. We do not rent or sell your Personal Information to anyone, period.
Internal Use of Personal Information. We may use Personal Information to provide services to you. Some ways we may internally use your information include:
- to facilitate the sale and delivery of your purchases
- to contact you when necessary
- to respond to your comments or questions
- to generate anonymous statistics to help us improve the customer experience
- to make the site easier and more convenient for you (such as by prepopulating forms when you have already provided identical information)
- to send you information and marketing materials about services and products available to you
- for our other internal business purposes
Opt Out Privileges. If you decide you don’t want to receive email or other mail from us, you can select the “opt out” provision in our communications to unsubscribe. Unsubscribing will stop you from receiving most types of communication, but it may not apply to emails about online orders or transactions you place through the website. We will not share your Personal Information with third parties who wish to market other products and services to you.
Information Shared With Our Agents. We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share Personal Information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.
Protection of Us and Others. We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we reasonably believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; cooperate with law enforcement; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas, our employees, our users, or others.
How We Protect Your Information–
We take the protection of your information very seriously. Therefore, we take many security measures (physical, electronic and procedural) to help keep your Personal Information safe. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our site to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or other communications will always remain secure. Any information that you provide to us is done so entirely at your own risk.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding Your Information?–
- You can always opt not to disclose certain information to us, even though it may be needed to take advantage of some of our web features.
- Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit certain information you’ve provided to us. The information you can view, and update may change as the site changes.
- You can delete your account or cancel your order. Please note that we will need to verify that you have the authority to delete the account/order, and activity generated prior to deletion will remain stored by us and may be publicly accessible.