Military Mentoring program expands to serve Veterans
Thanks to a grant from the Texas Veterans Commission, we’re excited to grow our Military Mentoring program to serve children of veterans and children of survivors. Although the Military Mentoring program has been around for more than two years, this is a new opportunity for us to serve those who have served our country.
Here’s a quick look at what families and volunteers can expect:
- We’re now enrolling children:
- age 6-16
- living in Travis, Williamson or Hays counties – or the Greater Fort Hood area
- who are Survivors or children of veterans
- Children ages 14 and older whose match lasts one year or longer are also eligible to receive a $2,000 scholarship to use upon high school graduation.
- Kids commit to meeting 3-4 times per month with their mentor, for a minimum of one year.
- Click here to enroll a child!
- We’re actively seeking veterans as mentors
- Volunteers commit to meeting 3-4 times per month for a minimum of one year, which provides quality one-to-one support and encouragement that is so important to our kids.
- Click here to volunteer!
After a child and volunteer are “matched”, we provide ongoing professional support. A highly trained member of our staff (a ‘Match Support Specialist’) is in regular contact with the volunteer, the child and the family throughout the life of the match.
If you, or someone you know, would like to enroll your child or become a volunteer, call 512-442-4646, email email@example.com or apply online at www.BigMentoring.org.