Enrollment, Volunteering & Supporting Matches
For those who have had questions, we wanted to provide more detailed and specific information about how we are handling program enrollment, volunteering, and support for active/existing matches. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us by phone at 512-472-5437 or email at info@BigMentoring.org. If you are in a current match, you may also contact your Match Support Specialist.
General Agency Operations
- BBBS staff members are working remotely through May 4th, and will be available by phone and email during normal business hours. The office will be physically closed to the public during this time.
- Agency-planned activities scheduled to take place through the end of April will be cancelled, postponed or transitioned to a virtual format.
- We will cancel or postpone any direct, in-person engagement with external constituents and groups until further notice.
Customer Relations – Inquiries and Applications
- Youth Enrollment – We will pause scheduling new youth enrollments until further notice and communicate this to all who inquire about signing up for our services.
- Volunteer Enrollment – We still need volunteers to become Big Brothers and Big Sisters! We are continuing to respond to volunteer inquiries and process volunteer applications online/by email. We have transitioned volunteer interviews to a virtual format and paused scheduling any volunteer who cannot facilitate this.
- No in-person interviews will be conducted until further notice.
- Youth Interviews – We will cancel existing interviews and reschedule in the future.
- Volunteer Interviews – We will plan for all Volunteer interviews to be virtual until further notice.
- Volunteer Training – We will offer training virtually until further notice.
- All prospective volunteers/applicants will be moved forward in the enrollment process as far as possible via online/virtual methods.
- Communication with your Match Support Specialist is more important now than ever as we work to support you through these changing circumstances.
- Our Match Support team will continue to support all matches via phone and email and will continue to conduct regular check-ins.
- We will cancel in-person meetings for the time being.
- We will contact all newly scheduled Match Introduction participants to reschedule.
Match Activity Guidelines
- Matches are asked NOT to meet in person during this time.
- We encourage continued engagement and communication, with all participants’ agreement, by phone text, Facetime, Skype, etc…
- Need special support? Connect with your Match Support Specialist for any and all things.
Remember to stay tuned to all BBBS social media platforms, our agency website, our newsletter and our blog for the latest information and updates.
We are here to support you. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions about our programs or services.
Thank you again for all you do. Mentoring, connecting and making a difference are vital, possible, and needed now more than ever!
–Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas