Start working with us
At Big Brothers Big Sisters, we’re always looking for talented, dedicated people who believe in the power of role models and the potential of children.
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America’s youth, schools, and communities.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas is accepting applications for one or more volunteers/interns to work with the agency’s Marketing Department 15-20 hours per week through the end of May. Interns may specialize in one of the following areas although the ability to work in more than one is an advantage: writing/editing, website management/digital communications, or social media.
This is a great opportunity to work with an established non-profit organization while gaining valuable marketing and communications experience. We can work with your school or institution to provide academic credit for your internship with BBBS.
Prefer local candidates. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Web Management/Digital Communications – Primary Responsibilities
- Make regular updates, edits and changes to agency websites
- Maintain information, photos, logos, videos and materials on online community calendars and platforms
- Create and distribute materials and information electronically
- Assist with the creation and distribution of email blasts, newsletters, and blog posts
- Monitor website analytics
- Conduct research and produce reports
- Other projects as assigned
Must have a knowledge of, and experience with, WordPress.
Familiarity with SEO, web analytics, and Google Adwords is desirable
Social Media – Primary Responsibilities
- Work with supervisor on the creation and implementation of a social media calendar
- Manage the creation and distribution of social media content in accordance with brand guidelines and agency/dept. strategy and priorities
- Monitor social media performance and analytics
- Assist with the development and implementation of strategies to boost audience reach and engagement
- Conduct research and produce reports
Writing/Editing – Primary Responsibilities
- Write, edit and proofread stories, articles, press releases, and general agency information
- Prepare copy/content for a broad range of print and electronic materials
- Conduct research
- Interview and interact with children, families, staff, volunteers, donors, community partners and others
- Help organize photo shoots
- Assist with organization of marketing materials, folders, samples
- Assist with other projects as assigned
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with, WordPress
- Experience producing, delivering and monitoring content across a range of social media platforms for a professional/business/nonprofit organization
- Working knowledge of Canva, Photoshop, and/or other design/photo editing software
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Project coordination skills
- Ability to take direction and to contribute ideas
- Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube, Hootsuite
- Takes pride in producing excellent work
- Proactive problem-solver
- Follows through
- Demonstrates respect for others
- Passionate about our mission
Please email a cover letter, resume and completed employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include exact job title in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls please. BBBS is an equal opportunity employer.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.