Start working with us
At Big Brothers Big Sisters, we’re always looking for talented, dedicated people who believe in the power of role models and the potential of children.
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America’s youth, schools, and communities.
DEPARTMENT: Match Support
REPORTS TO: Director of Match Support
SUMMARY: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas seeks a qualified and talented individual for a full-time, non-exempt position as a Match Support Specialist. The primary function of this position is to provide match support to ensure child safety, positive impacts for youth, constructive and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers, and a strong sense of affiliation with BBBS on the part of volunteers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continually assess the match relationship focusing on: child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction. Real and/or potential problems and barriers are identified, addressed and resolved as early as possible. Match support is provided on a frequency according to BBBS Standards, at a minimum
- Assess and provide for individual training needs, information and support needs for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, and successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer
- Ensure high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function
- Develop strategic interventions to identify and strengthen match relationships that may require extra support
- Develop, promote and implement individual and group match activities to support ongoing volunteer involvement with the child and agency affiliation through individualized recognition, annual events, and reengagement strategies
- Effectively administer all outcomes surveys with match participants and accurately track data; Complete all paperwork and documentation necessary for fulfilling grant requirements
- Conduct exit interview by phone with all parties at match closure. Assess reasons for match closure and re-match potential
- Share with development and/or marketing staff potential match stories or partnership opportunities as discovered through participant employers and affiliations
- Identify and promote re-engagement of volunteers as Bigs, board members, and donors
- Consult with other service delivery staff and/or supervisor as appropriate.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The qualified candidate will:
- Possess exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Reflect solid customer service through in-person, telephone and electronic communications
- Have experience working with diverse populations and the ability to relate well in multicultural environments
- Be highly organized and able to execute multiple projects simultaneously while delivering exceptional customer service to clients and volunteers
- Have ability to form and sustain appropriate child and adult volunteer-based relationships based on positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction
- Effectively assess and execute the following relational support skills: guiding, supporting, confronting, advising and/or negotiating
- Possess ability to represent the agency professionally and effectively
- Be able to work effectively with other departments and staff within the agency – including troubleshooting, dispute resolution, and negotiations – to ensure a positive and efficient experience for both clients and volunteers being served by the agency
- Be able to work flexible hours to meet customer/client needs.
- Be able to work in an office environment as well as to travel to local communities and neighborhoods to perform home visitation as necessary
- Bilingual proficiency in Spanish preferred
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in social work, social services, human services or related field. LBSW or Master’s degree in related field is a plus. Experience working with both children and adult populations; specific assessment, intake, interview or case manager / case management experience preferred. Bilingual ability in Spanish preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office; including Word, Excel and Access is desired. Must have car, valid driver’s license and meet state required automobile insurance minimums. Must be able to pass a criminal background check as conducted by the agency.
BBBS Employment Application can be downloaded HERE or at the link below.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 15, 2020
Please email a cover letter, resume and completed employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org by or before December 15,2020. Include exact job title in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls please. BBBS is an equal opportunity employer.
The Development Manager is a full-time position (40 hour) and reports to the Vice President of Development. The Development Manager position is a fundraising position. If you do not have any fundraising experience with a non-profit organization or outside sales experience, you will not be considered. This position is responsible for assisting in fundraising equal to about $1m annually, solicits sponsorships, individual gifts; works with committees and volunteers to solicit support for all BBBS events. In addition, this position’s responsibilities include staffing planning committees, interacting with, and engaging volunteers in event activities. The Development Manager develops strategies for integrating events and event donors into development initiatives and reports to the Vice President of Development, only occasionally supervising seasonal interns, and is part of a four-person development team with other staff specializing in grants, smaller events, major individual giving, data management, etc. Ensures productivity expectations, customer service and compliance standards are maintained. Abides by the organization’s mission and core values in performing job duties.
- Occasionally supervising seasonal interns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to adapt and retain flexibility.
- Ability to be responsive.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Excellent Critical Thinking skills.
- Excellent Public Speaking skills.
- Some work with Raisers Edge product preferred.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- An articulated belief in the mission of BBBS
- Working knowledge of Raisers Edge
- Experience in a professional office environment and strong customer service skills are important.
- Experience working with volunteers is preferred.
- Excellent decision-making skills and sound judgment.
- Ability to function as a team member.
- Must be very organized, able to accept direction and to work independently.
- Must maintain discretion with regard to donor confidentiality and privacy.
- Be dependable, flexible, and highly sensitive to and supportive of the mission of BBBS.
- Must be able to work effectively and accurately in a timely fashion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (IN PRIORITY ORDER)
Event Fund Development:
- Ice Ball 2021 –responsible for assisting in gala fundraising of $700,000 to $850,000.
- Bowl For Kids 2021 – responsible for assisting in event fundraising of $100,000.
- 3rd Party & Other Events – responsible for assisting in fundraising of $40,000.
- Assist in identifying Event Leadership for the next fiscal year (2022).
- Directly responsible for all event logistics.
- Individual & Corporate Giving – responsible for assisting in fundraising of $50,000.
- Represents the organization at meetings, community events, conferences, and fundraising, as appropriate.
- Follow all best practices.
Responsible for organizing and coordinating Events for assigned area of responsibility.
In conjunction with the Vice President of Development and other senior leadership,
- Assists in developing effective strategies and supports leadership efforts to achieve the fundraising and goals for Fundraising events.
- Partners with the leadership team to enhance community visibility, establish donor relations, etc.
- Participates in implementing the annual gala plan and budget which is integrated into the overall Development annual plan.
- Provides input in development of the gala budget, including goal setting and goal attainment to ensure all events success and growth.
- Develops and maintains an annual events calendar
- Prepares an annual events audit report.
Responsible for all aspects of event planning, to include:
- Creates parameters and purpose;
- Creates and adheres to an accurate time;
- Provides periodic progress reports on underwriting, revenue raised vs. goal, pledges vs. goal, sponsorships secured and ticket sales;
- Works with volunteer leadership;
- Secures entertainment/speaker and makes necessary travel or hotel arrangements;
- Collaborates with Vice President of Marketing on pre-event publicity; Interacts professionally with staff, event chairs and committee members;
- Assists in design of invitations and in the layout of the event program;
- Secures venues and food/beverage in compliance with agency policy;
- Works collaboratively with Security to assess security needs;
- Secures decorations and/or centerpieces;
- Assists in the procurement of auction and/or raffle items and filing for any necessary permits;
- Assists Development Associate in generating accurate mailing lists, seating charts and name tags.
Responsible for all aspects of post-event activities, to include:
- Performs analysis and reporting of attendance and financial goals;
- Completes verification of invoices and ensures timely payment of invoices;
- Collaborates with Marketing on post-event publicity;
- Proposes and implements changes to events based on post-event analysis, research, and changing needs of the organization;
- Secures gifts for chairs and speakers, as appropriate;
- Cultivates donor relationships relating to Events;
- Builds effective and trustworthy relationships with staff, major donors, board members and community leaders;
- Keeps current on changing trends in special events and adjusts programs and strategies as needed;
- Ensures compliance with the standards established by the Association of Fundraising Professionals;
- Manages volunteer committees that support events;
- Responsible for accurate record-keeping relating to event activities;
- Represents the organization at meetings, community events, conferences, and fundraising, as appropriate;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
2 to 4 years of experience in fundraising for a non-profit organization or proven track record in outside sales preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Database Software; Development Software; Internet Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Word Processing Software (Word) and Electronic Mail Software (Outlook).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 15, 2020
Please email a cover letter, resume and completed employment application to email@example.com by or before December 15. Include exact job title in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls please. BBBS is an equal opportunity employer.
Must reside in Central Texas
Seeking an intern or volunteer to work in Big Brothers Big Sisters’ Marketing and Communications Department 15-20 hours per week assisting with the management of our agency websites, electronic communications and social media. This is a great opportunity to work with an established non-profit organization while gaining valuable marketing and communications experience. We can work with your school or institution to provide academic credit for your internship with BBBS.
1. Make regular updates, edits and changes to BBBS’ agency websites
2. Work with VP of Marketing and Communications to create and implement social media calendar
3. Manage the production and delivery of all social media content
4. Update and maintain online volunteer site listings
5. Write, edit and proofread stories, articles and general program information
6. Interview and interact with children, families, staff, volunteers, donors and others
7. Help organize photo shoots and other projects and activities
8. Assist with organization of marketing materials, folders, samples
9. Assist with other projects as assigned
1. Strong knowledge of, and experience with, WordPress
2. Experience producing, delivering and monitoring content across a range of social media platforms for a professional/business/nonprofit organization
3. Working knowledge of Canva, Photoshop, and/or other design/photo editing software
4. Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
5. Exceptional organizational skills
6. Attention to detail
7. Project coordination skills
8. Ability to take direction and to contribute ideas
9. Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube, Hootsuite
1. Takes pride in producing excellent work
2. Proactive problem-solver
3. Follows through
4. Demonstrates respect for others
Please email a cover letter, resume and completed employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include exact job title in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls please. BBBS is an equal opportunity employer.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.