Start working with us
At Big Brothers Big Sisters, we’re always looking for talented, dedicated people who believe in the power of role models and the potential of children.
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America’s youth, schools, and communities.
Must reside in Central Texas
Seeking an intern or volunteer to work in Big Brothers Big Sisters’ Marketing and Communications Department 15-20 hours per week assisting with the management of our agency websites, electronic communications and social media. This is a great opportunity to work with an established non-profit organization while gaining valuable marketing and communications experience. We can work with your school or institution to provide academic credit for your internship with BBBS.
1. Make regular updates, edits and changes to BBBS’ agency websites
2. Work with supervisor to create and implement social media calendar
3. Manage the production and delivery of all social media content
4. Update and maintain online volunteer site listings
5. Write, edit and proofread stories, articles and general program information
6. Interview and interact with children, families, staff, volunteers, donors and others
7. Help organize photo shoots and other projects and activities
8. Assist with organization of marketing materials, folders, samples
9. Assist with other projects as assigned
1. Strong knowledge of, and experience with, WordPress
2. Experience producing, delivering and monitoring content across a range of social media platforms for a professional/business/nonprofit organization
3. Working knowledge of Canva, Photoshop, and/or other design/photo editing software
4. Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
5. Exceptional organizational skills
6. Attention to detail
7. Project coordination skills
8. Ability to take direction and to contribute ideas
9. Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube, Hootsuite
1. Takes pride in producing excellent work
2. Proactive problem-solver
3. Follows through
4. Demonstrates respect for others
Please email a cover letter, resume and completed employment application to email@example.com. Include exact job title in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls please. BBBS is an equal opportunity employer.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.