Start working with us
At Big Brothers Big Sisters, we’re always looking for talented, dedicated people who believe in the power of role models and the potential of children.
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America’s youth, schools, and communities.
TITLE: Graphic Design Intern – Spring 2019
REPORTS TO: VP of Marketing and Communications
SUMMARY: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas’ Marketing Department is seeking a graphic design intern to work a minimum of 12 hours per week during the Spring of 2019.
This position will work closely with the VP of Marketing and Communications and the department’s Marketing Associates to create artwork for a wide range of agency materials including invitations, postcards, brochures, fact sheets, banners, reports, specialty items, social media posts, PowerPoint presentations and much more.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Graphic Design Intern’s duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Work with the department’s VP to identify projects that need to be completed and completion dates
- Become familiar with the agency’s graphic standards
- Create designs, layouts and materials to meet print and digital needs
- Work with vendors (printers, photographers and others) to produce materials as needed
- Graphic design training/experience
- Familiarity with design principles and processes, software, file formats, color profiles and color spaces, etc..
- Experience producing designs and materials for print and digital use
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience working with printers
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sense of humor
- Kindness and a desire to help others
Other great skills to have – desirable but not required:
- Videography, video editing
- Writing skills – copywriting, proofreading, editing
- Familiarity with social media/online platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flickr, Vimeo
- Familiarity with HTML and WordPress
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Adwords
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
APPLY BY: February 15, 2019
TITLE: Programs Intern (2) – Summer 2019
REPORTS TO: Enrollment Supervisor
ABOUT BBBS: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas (BBBSCTX) provided more than 60,000 hours of one-to-one mentoring to 1,000 children in Central Texas throughout 2018. For more than 47 years, we have matched children, ages 6-16, with supportive adult mentors who build friendships and offer encouragement and support to each child.
INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION: The Programs Team of BBBSCTX is seeking two interns for Summer 2019 who can work approximately 10-15 hours per week. This position will work closely with our Customer Relations, Enrollment and Match Support staff and supervisors as well as VP of Programs to help support BBBS matches and programmatic activities. This is an unpaid internship but is an exceptional opportunity to gain experience in youth development and child/family services at a nationally-recognized non-profit. We will work with your institution to give you academic credit for your experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Specific responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Lead and support agency match activities – Sister 2 Sister, Brother 2 Brother, Youth Activity Center, agency events, etc.
- Research, identify and develop match resource list, including contacts with partner agencies
- Create, edit & distribute match newsletter
- Assist program staff in creating or updating match letters and document templates
- Assist Customer Relations team in conducting reference checks and managing BBBS participant files and documentation
- Assist Enrollment team in providing pre-match volunteer training, running background checks and enrollment/matching of participants
- Assist Match Support team in communicating with matches, providing resources and activities, documenting communications and match progress, etc.
- Provide support to BBBS Big Futures program (matches where mentee has graduated high school)
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant must be a recent graduate or student working toward a degree in Social Work, Sociology, Child Development, Human Services or related field with the following skills:
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to organize time, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong computer skills (Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
HOW TO APPLY: Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 3, 2019. Subject line should read “Summer 2019 Programs Internship”. No phone calls, please.
APPLY BY: Friday, May 3, 2019